Agreement regarding Cooperation
Catholic University of San Antonio, Murcia, Spain.
KIIT Group of Colleges, Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
Catholic University of San Antonio, Murcia, Spain and KIIT Group of Colleges, Gurgaon, Haryana, India(henceforth referred to as our two Institutions) in order to promote academic Exchange / knowledge sharing and cooperation enter into the following agreement.
Article One: In a spirit of friendship and mutual understanding our two Institutionsagree to promote academic Exchange / Share and cooperation.
Article Two: We agree to Exchange / Share written and published academic materials, educational information, and invite each other to take part in academic meetings organized by our two Institutions.
Article Three: We agree to Exchange / Share faculty, students and researchers for the purpose of teaching, study and academic research. We also agree to cooperation organizing academic conferences on issues of mutual concern.
Article Four: The activities to be initiated in order to realize these objectives shall be determined in each case through particular agreements, in accordance with the rules and regulations of each institution, and subject to available funding on the part of each.
Article Five: Representatives of the parties to the agreement shall consult, at regular intervals, to consider the progress of mutual programs and to evaluate future projects.
Article Six: This agreement shall be valid for five years after which time it may be renewed by an Exchange / Share of letters to that effect by the two parties. Should one of the parties wish to terminate the agreement notice of this should be given in writing at least six months prior to termination.
Article Seven: The agreement shall take effect after each party has signed the agreement and has Exchanged/ Shared signed copies.
Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia, Spain
KIIT Group of Colleges, Gurgaon, Haryana, India
José Luis Mendoza Pérez
Prof. (Dr.) S. S. Agrawal
A. Possible dimensions of Collaboration
1. Visits by Professors / Students / Technical Experts / Academician of Catholic University of San Antonio, Murcia, Spainto KIIT Campus for experience sharing.
2. Visits of KIIT students / Academicians / Professors / Technical Experts of KIIT Group of Colleges, Gurgaon for experience sharing to Catholic University of San Antonio, Murcia, Spain.
3. Online research collaborations including periodic Lab visits to KIIT, Gurgaon and vice versa as mutually acceptable as and when required in the interest of R&D and Innovation / incubation purposes.
4. Sharing of Technical and Scientific material.
B. Possible Subjects / Areas of collaboration
1. Artificial Intelligence / Intelligent Transport System.
2. Human – Machine Communications
3. VLSI Design / embedded system design.
4. Power / Energy efficient systems.
5. Green Technologies and carbon footprint.
6. Mitigation measures for hazardous effects of Mobile Communications.
7. Exchange / Share of Materials & expertise on Research in Teacher Education.
8. Management studies at graduate / undergraduate level.
Ref. Catholic University, San Antonio, Murcia, Spain
Preamble: ASSOCHAM, India under the aegis of counselors for competence in Education and Research & Development in India supported by Planning Commission, Govt. of India held an International Summit on School & Higher Education on the theme of “Role of ICT & beyond” and conducted India Program from 5th to 7th April, 2013 at Epic Centre, Sector-44, Gurgaon. In this 3 days event, various stake holders from education sector from India and abroad participated. Educational Consultants, Academician, University Professors, Vice-Chancellors, CEOS, education service providers and Principals & students attended the deliberations. From KIIT, Dr. S. K. Aggarwal, Professor & Dean, Sh. Suresh Kumar Mehta, T&P Officer, Ms. JyotiYadav, Assistant Professor & Ms. PriyankaSethi, Section Officer participated in this event.
As a result of our discussions with several stakeholders, one opportunity for collaboration has emerged and Prof. Paul Chan Wei Ti from UCAM, SAN ANTONIO, Spain has visited KIITon 2nd May, 2013 to discuss in details to finalize the possibilities of collaboration between UCAM, Spain and KIIT, Gurgaon.
The following officials participated in the discussions:
1. Mr. Paul Chan Wei Ti, UCAM
2. Dr. S. S. Agrawal, Director General, KIIT
3. Prof. M. Sen Gupta, Director, KIIT College of Education
4. Prof. V. K. Syal, Principal, KIIT College of Engineering
5. Dr. S. K. Aggarwal, Professor & Dean, KIIT
6. Mr. Suresh Kumar Mehta, Training & Placement Officer
The committee agreed to formulate an M.O.U. between the two Institutions and signed it formally for further action in this matter.